Created: 18th June 2020
Jarrah Technology Games (“Company”, “We”, or “JT”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with
this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you play games/applications
created by us or use Jarrah Technology websites. The policy also describes our practices for collecting, using,
maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We use 3rd parties to facilitate the purchase and download of our games/applications. We do not provide such services directly and
do not store or collect any financial or payment information. These (and other) 3rd party services are detailed (along with links to their privacy policies) in the
How We Share Information & 3rd Parties
section. We encourage you to read their privacy policies before providing information on or through them.
How Information Is Collected
We collect information from and about users either directly from you when you provide it to us, or automatically when you use
certain parts of our websites or games/applications.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection from our websites and games/applications may include: cookies; web beacons; and periodic web requests.
A cookie is a small file placed on your device. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your device. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain functionality.
Our emails may contain web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) - small electronic files that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related statistics.
Our games/applications may send periodic web requests to online servers in order to track how the game/application is being used and to detect bugs.
What Information Is Collected
When you use our websites or games/applications, we may ask you to provide, or collect automatically, information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Usage Details. We may automatically collect certain details of your access and use, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your accessing device and internet connection, including the user’s IP address, OS, and browser type.
When you use our websites or mailing list, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect
information about you. Please see the How We Share Information & 3rd Parties
section for more information.
We use the information that have about you in our websites and games/applications to:
- Provide you with any information, products or services that you request from us or otherwise fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account.
- Notify you of changes to any products or services we offer.
- Improve our service experience and efficiency.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our services according to your individual interests.
- Suggest other content which may be of interest to you.
- Recognize you when you use our services.
In general, we do not share personal information about you with third parties for third-party marketing or advertising purposes
and we do not intend to sell or market your personal information.
We currently share information with 3rd parties, as detailed below:
- Our websites use widgets from other parties to provide functionality, where possible JT uses the no cookies version of these
widgets, but many do not provide such an option and may include tracking and cookies. Currently used are:
- If using a JT game/application through an online platform (eg the Steam and Itch platforms), they may provide information to us to identify you on their platforms in order to facilitate online services (if there are any in the game/application)
We may share personal information with other third parties for other purposes. For example, we may share personal information:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by JT about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it (For example, if you give us a social media account handle to a social sharing feature of a game/application, we will transmit the contents of that request to the recipients.).
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
We take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of personal information you share with us through our websites and games/applications. In general, information transmitted through the Internet may not be perfectly secure, and we are unable to guarantee the security of your personal information.
We encourage you to take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your account and personal information.
We will endeavor to store minimal personal information and do so in a secure manner. We do not to store payment or other financial information.
We aim to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
Tracking Technologies - you can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent.
Promotional Emails - all promotional emails from us should contain a link to unsubscribe from further similar emails. This will not effect (and we may reserve the right to send you) emails about important or necessary changes to your account or service (for example, password reset emails).
If you are using Steam or Itch (or others) for online services through our games/applications, you should contact those companies for control over their information on those platforms. Please see the How We Share Information & 3rd Parties
section for more information.
If you are using JT account based services, you can review and change your personal information by logging into through the place the account was registered and visiting your account settings page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, port, delete, or restrict use of any information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete all of your information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
The legal basis we rely on to use your personal information is as follows:
- Performance of a contract. Your personal information is necessary to perform the terms and conditions or other policies under which we provide our services.
- Consent. We rely upon your consent to use (i) technical information such as cookie data and ip geo-location data; and (ii) your information for marketing purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by using the unsubscribe link in any promotional communication you receive from us.
- Legitimate interests. We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests to improve our services, security purposes, fraud prevention, and for internal administration.